One of the critical success factors for a project surrounding the Corporate Information Factory is to have complete knowledge of all aspects of design, development and implementation to ensure success. This service, Execution Mentoring, is structured to help the organization quickly achieve results through the experience of ISI consultants.
Intelligent Solutions, Inc. (ISI) consultant(s) can help your organization achieve success in business intelligence while transferring knowledge to the project team. Through a proven mentoring methodology with scheduled deliverables this service can be customized to meet a client’s specific requirements.
The schedule for execution mentoring is dependent on the availability of the program and/or project manager, as well as other team members or recommended participants. ISI strives to structure the schedule based on each client’s requirements. Initially, the ISI consultant may be needed as frequently as 10 days per month. As the project progresses the ISI consultant’s visits should become less frequent or shorter in duration. Following is a typical 3-6 month schedule for execution mentoring:
- Prior to arrival – review relevant documents
- First 1-3 Months – review progress, including status reports, plan updates, issues, and provide advice as needed. Estimated effort is 1-2 days per week.
- On-going – review progress, including status reports, plan updates, issues, and provide advice as needed. Estimated effort is 2-5 days per month, with one on-site visit per month and the remainder of the support being provided remotely.
Execution mentoring has the following deliverables:
- Knowledge transfer from the ISI consultant to the client team.
- Formal written documentation of each visit assessment findings and recommendations.
- Advice to leverage the team’s efforts.